7.17.2009

the uniform

Once, someone asked me what I would wear if I could only wear one outfit for the rest of my life. I'd been waiting for this moment for years, and I knew the exact answer. My one outfit would be this: a white shirt, a circle skirt, and boots. Assuming there was some leeway, I would need one plain white t-shirt (James Perse is the best), one slim-fitting white button up (Jil Sander), three circle skirts (one in a neutral, two in colour or patterns), and a flat pair of knee-high leather boots (Golden Goose), as well as wedge ankle boots (Rick Owens).

Unfortunately, it was not the right audience, so I lied and said I didn't know.

white shirts

(Clockwise from top left) Jil Sander, Vince, Oasis, James Perse, Alexander Wang, James Perse

prada circle skirts

Prada, Prada, Prada, Prada (via http://mocoloco.com/art/archives/002455.php)

boots

(Clockwise from top left) Rick Owens, Golden Goose, Martin Margiela, Rick Owens




However, barring some kind of desert island-esque ultimatum, I'm saving this outfit for when I am an eccentric divorcée living with my cats, supporting my younger lover in a floundering art career, and enjoying a dependence on Percocet and single malt whisky. At the moment, I am going to enjoy the transient pleasures of leather pants, crop tops, and body-con dresses while I still can. (I think I probably have another ten minutes left.)


No comments:

Followers